dbms_system and string parameters

From: Oxnard <shankeypNO_SPAM_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:37:29 -0500

ver 9.2.0.5 and AIX

using dbms_system it is clear how to set a boolean and an integer parameter in someone else's sessions. What about strings? For example I would like to set statistics_level. It has 3 options all strings. I guess maybe the string is changed to an int at some point. Other than setting it for the db in the init.ora or a logon trigger is there a way to alter someone else's session to set strings? Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 12:37:29 CDT