Re: Adjusting to DB2

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:59:26 -0400

Noons wrote:

>>>Don't believe that for a single split second...
>>>

>>Your free choice. Good that I don't have to believe either it since I
>>live it every day of my working life and know it's true.
>>

> Ah yes, I forgot: you have seen the Oracle code and worked
> with it. As such you can confirm that indeed DB2's is
> better "structured".

"That" left some room for interpretation. I know for fact that DB2's code is very well encapsulated w.r.t. OS APIs. I know for fact that DB2's porting team is a lot smaller that Oracle's porting team. If I saw Oracle source code my first call would be to an IBM IP lawyer, my second to Mark Townsend. I sure wouldn't devulge it here.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau