Re: Adjusting to DB2

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:51:22 -0600

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1130305366.133337_at_yasure...

> Proven, I presume, by the fact that 10gR2, took exactly how many days
> between the intial release on Linux and all of the other tier 1 releases?
>
> Oh that's right ... you don't know.
>
> Just another fabrication postured as fact.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

Tier 1? I assume that does not include Windows, at least according to what my Oracle rep told me. I guess "tier 1" is the escape clause which means that Oracle is not available on all platforms at the same time when a new release or fixpack is made available.

DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows is always simultaneously available for Every release and every fixpack on all it's supported platforms. That is because it is more of a single code base than Oracle on the Linux, UNIX, Windows. Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 00:51:22 CDT