Re: intpwd in oradim command

From: Ashish Shanbhag <anunashu_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 02:41:30 GMT

Even though it is called Intpwd, it is actually accepting the sys password. So treat it as sys password. If you want the sys password as "Oracle" only then you want to keep it as "Oracle". There is no default vaue for this parameter in 9i.

The password is stored in the password file and used when you connect as sys to an idle instance to start it up. If you issue an alter user command to change the sys password from wherever, it will change that value for the password file too.

-Ashish