Re: Flashback table/drop: possible until... ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:09:33 -0700

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> The Undrop facility essentially changes the drop table command to a
> rename table command (and some other stuff as well). The data won't get
> overwritten until either

If you don't mind I'd like to get a bit picky here. I'm not sure I feel comfortable with the recyclebin being categorized as a renaming. There is a lot more going on in a 10g drop table.

> 1) the space reserved for deleted objects is full at which point new
> deletions obliterate old ones.

Yes and no. Oracle is very selective about how it acquires space in the recyclebin. It is not just a question of age but also involves overwriting indexes before data.

> 2) the tablespace is otherwise full and space is required by existing or
> new objects.

Same here. Indexes before data.

--
Daniel A. Morgan