QUESTION: Stop 9i db from auto-registering in listener

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2005 16:26:56 -0700

Hey, all.

I have a 9.2.0.6 db on AIX 5.2.

I want to perform maintenance on one DB which is currently on the default 1521 listener.

I set this db to "N" in the oratab, and bounce the default listener.

The db automatically registers itself on 1521 within a minute or so.

I want to stop this behavior, so I can control which dbs are accessible during the maintenance window.

Is there a way I can gain control over the automatic listener registration process? some init file entry or something?

Thanks!!

BD. Received on Mon Oct 24 2005 - 18:26:56 CDT