Re: oracle enterprise Manager Blob Field

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 24 Oct 2005 07:51:47 -0700

Godfrey wrote:
> > Still think anyone trying to perform DDL (as in add a BLOB column)
> > from a VB front-end is plain crazy.
>
> But this isn't what he is doing or asked for was it. Read his message,
> he was asking about adding blob data (ie DML), not DDL!
>
> Godfrey

Let us look at the original post again:

> Is it possible to insert the data in the blob field from
> Oracle Enterprise Manager? Or i have to create one
> with VB?
>
> SK

There are, as I read it, two questions put forth, one about performing DML through Enterprise Manager and one apparently regarding creating a BLOB field through VB. Daniel has responded to both; I certainly cannot find any useful information to the OP with your 'contributions' to this thread.

The second question posted might be construed as ambiguous: is he asking about creating a BLOB field through VB or is he commenting on having to write his OWN version of Enterprise Manager through VB? My guess is the former interpretation is the correct one. And I, too, wonder why anyone would do such a task when the tools, supplied by Oracle, do the job so well.

Daniel provides a wealth of examples at www.psoug.org, under Morgan's Library. I have yet to see any similar resource from you, 'Godfrey', but why should you as it appears your efforts are directed not toward being informative but toward being a grumpy troll.

Again, 'Godfrey', you simply antagonize rather than inform. If you can do no better than simply stop posting entirely, as the sentiments you provide are yours and yours alone.

Post, don't post, it matters not to me, as, with this glorious submission, you've entered the realm of my killfile.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Oct 24 2005 - 09:51:47 CDT