Re: backup on a rack

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 23 Oct 2005 15:46:37 -0700

#> > The biggest complication in doing RAC backups thru RMAN is
handling the
#> > archive log files there are several options and ways of making
sure
#> > that archive logs from all instances are available on the node
where
#> > you are running the backup from.
#> This was my doubt for which i thougth to backup archivelog on the 2
#> nodes connecting to instances separatly...otherwise I think I can
use
#> remote local destination for archivelogs or NFS
#>

There are several ways to proceed here.

You can use DEST_1 and DEST_2 on each instance and have each instance produce 2 copies of each archive log.

Then you can cross mount each local destination thru NFS.

That way each instance has a local copy of it's archive logs and the archive logs from the other instance.

If you have a clustered file system available then of course that's another solution each node see's the same file system.

We do the NFS cross mounts it works well. Nothing bad about the solution except it takes a little more storage space for 2 copies of each archive log. Received on Sun Oct 23 2005 - 17:46:37 CDT