Re: Cannot connec to http://localhost:5500/em on Windows XP Pro SP1

From: David Grant <icebold54_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2005 01:52:10 -0700

Thank you both for your interest.

IANAL_VISTA: When I say that EM crashes, I mean that I'm working into EM and when I click on any link, I get stuck into the "HTHTTP/1.102 Moved Temporarily" infinite loop.

Matthias: Adding http://localhost:5500 to Internet Explorer didn't worked and when I tried the "emca" command, it complained that the repository existed and couldn't modify it.

After some more Trial and Error spent hours I've found that in order to
start the "OracleDbConsoleorcl", the PC mustn't be connected in any way
to the cable modem. Otherwise the service won't start. Once it has
started I can connecto to Internet.
Furthermore, the "Zone Alarm" firewall software must also be off if I want to have the service started.

In this situation (no Internet and no Firewall) I can connecto to
"http://localhost:5500/em". When I'm connected to EM, I can turn on
Internet and EM will continue working properly.

However when I start the "Zone Alarm" Firewall the " HTHTTP/1.102 Moved Temporarily" infinite loop error screen will appear whenever I click on any option in the EM.

So resuming what we have on this thread, to run the http://localhost:5500/em
one needs to start the "OracleDbConsoleorcl". Given the IP limitation, it is recommended not to have any net connection when Oracle DB is installed, so that later on it'll be easier to start the
"OracleDbConsoleorcl" either manually or automatically.

However, once this service is running, you can connecto to Internet freely but with no firewall software given that you can experience problems with the firewall configuration which can prevent you from logging into EM ( or kick you out if you start the firewall when you are logged into an EM session).

Therefore, once the "OracleDbConsoleorcl" has started, it is necessary to configure the firewall properly to make it accept a connection to http://localhost:5500/em.

I've tried setting "127.0.0.1" as a trusted IP but, unfortunately, that didn't work.

Does anybody know how to configure the Zone Alarm firewall so that I can get logged into an EM session while I'm SAFELY connected to Internet ?

TIA,
David Grant Received on Sun Oct 23 2005 - 03:52:10 CDT