Re: Cannot connec to http://localhost:5500/em on Windows XP Pro SP1

From: David Grant <icebold54_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2005 11:01:39 -0700

On reading posts, I've found this information:

M is a service that must be started. (It gets started automatically after DB creation but may not be restarted after reboot, etc.) Did you run

   $ORACLE_HOME/emctl start dbconsole

However on a DOS console I execute the "emctl start dbconsole" command and I get this error : "Environment Variable ORACLE_SID not defined. Please define it."

After reading some more posts I've found how to define it: Set ORACLE_SID <name_of_SID>, which in my case (I want enterprise manager for the orcl starter database) I think it shoud be orcl.

Therefore I write on the console:
Set ORACLE_SID orcl

which gets the following prompt on the console: ORACLE_SID = orcl.

Unfortunately when I execute the "emctl start dbconsole" I'm still getting the same ORACLE_SID not defined error.

Any ideas about how to solve this issue?

TIA,
David Grant Received on Sat Oct 22 2005 - 13:01:39 CDT