Oracle Locally Managed Tablespaces

From: lobita <flor_e_lopez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2005 13:45:05 -0700

Hello,

I am using Oracle 10G with Locally Managed Tablespaces with the AutoAllocate option. My Question is the following: Does it matter what is the INITIAL extent on the tables that I create in a LMT.

With the AutoAllocate option, Oracle will take care of the extents size (NEXT extent). I read that the mininum extent size that Oracle will use is 64K and the Maximum 64M.

Currently, my initial extents for tables and indexes are from 8K to 500M depending on the size of the table. Should I keep the current Initial extent size for all my tables and indexes and let Oracle take care of it? or should I resize the INITIAL extent on my DDL before I create the tables? How do I choose the correct size for my INITIAL parameter when using a LMT?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
FEL Received on Fri Oct 21 2005 - 15:45:05 CDT