Re: Do I have to install Oracle Client for every machine?

From: Terry Dykstra <tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:43:59 GMT

In our shop, we don't install the full client. We install the client once to a network drive. From the PC where you installed from, export the registry key hklm\software\oracle and save to a .reg file. On the client PC's, simply register that .reg file and add the %oracle%\bin directory to the path.
This does assume that you will use the MS Oracle ODBC driver. If you want to use the Oracle ODBC driver, you need some additional registry entries. For our PowerBuilder applications this method works very well.

--
Terry Dykstra
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.