ldap naming with oid : failover, replication, license ?

From: <scjm_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: 21 Oct 2005 02:26:26 -0700

Hello,

We want to move from onames to ldap naming with oid. We need high availability for our name resolution service.

Our project :

Entries and changes will be always made in the master oid (no multimaster).
Name resolution will always be done by the master. The replicated server will only be used for failover (no load balancing).

My questions :

1)What do you think about this configuration ?   What configuration do you actually use for failover ? (any recommendation)(inexpensive solution preferred ;)

2) In Metalink, The Oracle Net - LDAP FAQ (Note:135696.1) states that "deploying OID for NET8 is free of charge". Do you know if it's still free in the case of our replicated configuration ?
(by the way, what's free ? oid server only or oid + db, etc)

Thanks in advance

Jean-Michel Received on Fri Oct 21 2005 - 04:26:26 CDT