How to create the seed database under linux with 10g?

From: googleboy <mynews44_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2005 20:09:50 -0700

hi.

I have just successfully installed Oracle for the first time, but didn't realise that I needed a database to begin, so chose the software only option.

I would like to know what there is to creating a seed database.

I am running this on RHES3.0 (Update 6, if that matters) without any X.

I have created a response file for dbca, but it didn't work because I hadn't create a "General Purpose" template.

This was the default entry in the sample dbca response file, so I was just guessing it would work. What templates are preinstalled? Or how can I create a "General Purpose" template file.

After doing a bit of reading I am wondering if the seed database needs to be exactly as it would have been had I created it via the install process. If so, what settings will I need to tell my response file to use?

Finally, will this install process halt on the first error it finds, or will it report them all? In other words, am I likely to fix this and then find I have done something else that is a little wrong?

TIA googleboy Received on Thu Oct 20 2005 - 22:09:50 CDT