Re: Problems with protocol NMP in Linux + Oracle 10g

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:21:41 +0200

_JOMAC_ schrieb:
> Hello:
>
> I have installed a server "Red Hat White Box 4", also I have
> installed "Oracle 10g R2 for Linux".
>
> Using "Oracle Net Manager" we added protocol NMP but at the time of
> executing: "lsnrctl start" appears the following message:
>
> TNS-01150: The address of the specified to listener name is incorrect
> TNS-01153: Failed to process string: (DESCRIPTION= (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL=NMP) (SERVER=oralnx) (PIPE=ORAINEI)))
>
> Also we have installed Samba but we did not leave the problem, if
> somebody has some idea on the subject very we will be thanked for him.
>
> Warm greetings,
>

> Jose Aguero

You can see, which protocols are currently installed on your system ( i.e. there are appropriated libraries which support the given protocol stack ) by executing the shell script $ORACLE_HOME/bin/adapters. On the Linux the NMP protocol adapter is not available. BTW, what is wrong with IPC, TCPIP, BEQ and SSL ?

Best regards

Maxim Received on Thu Oct 20 2005 - 14:21:41 CDT