Re: What tuning can be done on disk writes?

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2005 05:54:03 -0700

Enable a 10046 trace before you run this script again. (Preferably on both databases).

This will tell you whether your waits are for 'log file parallel write' or 'log file sync' or some other I/O wait.

This will narrow your investigation down a bit.

Enable it with:

SQL> alter sesssion set event '10046 trace name context forver, level 8';

then run script..

Disable it with

SQL> alter sesssion set event '10046 trace name context off';

The trace file will be in the udump directory... run it through tkprof with waits=y and then post your findings...

Matt Received on Thu Oct 20 2005 - 07:54:03 CDT