apache and 9i

From: ton de w <ton_de_winter_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 20 Oct 2005 03:01:55 -0700

Hello,

Have installed 9i on Solaris8.
Built a database with dbca, created some tables, added contraints, stored procedures to create sequence for unique key, populated them with some data derived from a spreadsheet. Application connect to db reads the data: good!
Now I am doing the auto startup: oratab dbstart/shut, lsnctrl stop/start; dbora, init.d.
All according to google.
However all the dbora scripts that I have seen include apachectl to start and stop apache.
In fact I have an apache user created just so I can start and stop apache securely.

The only thing is I dont seem to be using apache for anything. Maybe it will be useful later?
But what?

TIA Tony Received on Thu Oct 20 2005 - 05:01:55 CDT