Moving domain in 10g

From: Server Applications <NoSpam_at_dk.dk>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:23:32 +0200

Hello

I am running Oracle 10g release 1 on a windows.

I have experienced various problems when moving a database server from one network domain to another. I have solved several of them, but one seems unsolvable (by me), so any help or hints would be welcome!

The problem is the dbconsole service. I have gotten so far as to remove the service and recreate it by issuing:

emca -x <service>
emca -r

The service can then be startet okay, but when logging in through Internet Explorer, it cant find the oracle service. I can get a connect string, showing me that it still tries to find the service by connecting to the OLD domainname.
I have figured out that this connect string is located in the repository (I have searched the filesystem for it, and it is not located anywhere here). the -r option on emca skips the creation of a repository, since this is not removed by the -x option. I have found that a tool exist to remove the repository, enabling me to recreate it, but it doesn't work in release 1 of the windows version of Oracle 10g (it seems that the linux-script is shipped instead of the windows bat-file, and perl failes when trying to run the perl script directly).

Does anyone know how to remove the repository in release 1 of 10g, or how to reconfigure the connect string stored here?

Thanks in advance,
David Received on Thu Oct 20 2005 - 03:23:32 CDT