Re: v$session_wait

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 06:21:52 +0000 (UTC)

The wait time goes up by 3 seconds roughly every three seconds. In most cases it is set back to 0 at the start of each wait event (although there are a couple of anomalies about what it means to start waiting).

So wait_time = -1 with seconds_in_wait non-zero means you waited a short time roughly 'seconds_in_wait' seconds in the past - which (ignoring time when your session is runnable but not running) means you've been using that many seconds of CPU since.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals
Now available to pre-order.

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 4th Sept 2005