Re: What tuning can be done on disk writes?

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2005 14:38:06 -0700

Gotta love the old "laptop sanity check". I'll bet that the sysadmin and sanadmin are hating you right about now.

Here's what the Vendor might think:
Perhaps more cache needs to be added to the SAN. Might you have a doubling die from a backgammon set handy? Take the die and match it with the existing amount of cache. rotate the die to double it. have someone fill out the purchase order. await shipment of the memory.
Have the sysadmin Install it.
realize that I/O waits are still accounting for 98% of the job time. Repeat as necessary.

Ok, seriously, start with investigating if ASYNC_IO is being used properly.
Please include the version of Oracle and Solaris if you expect any details regarding async_io. You might want to include the make/model of the FC HBAs.

-bdbafh Received on Wed Oct 19 2005 - 16:38:06 CDT