What tuning can be done on disk writes?

From: <jonathan.gauthier_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2005 08:05:08 -0700

I created a simple script that does 1000000 inserts into a table. I can run this in 3 minutes on my cheap home computer but it takes 8 minutes on our new extra expensive solaris server on SAN disks.

The SAN is not all that busy and statspack tells me I/O waits account for 99% of the job time. What can be configured in solaris to fix this? Received on Wed Oct 19 2005 - 10:05:08 CDT