Re: insert hebrew

From: Dave <solomons_dad.w.marks_and_whom_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:22:55 +0100

Amar wrote:
> HI Gurus,
> Can you let me know how to insert the hebrew data from windows XP
> machine to oracle database running on solaris having AL32UTF8 as its
> characterset.
>
> when i try to insert the data it shows me some ????? ???? kind of
> thing.
>
> Amar.

Is the WinXP a Hebrew machine?
What is the NLS_LANG on the Windows box?

???? is usually the result of characterset incompatibility, e.g. trying to represent Hebrew in US7ASCII.

Also you should perform a SELECT DUMP on the database to see if the data is inserted correctly and displayed incorrectly, or inserted incorrectly in the first place. Received on Wed Oct 19 2005 - 08:22:55 CDT