insertion using stored procedure in oracle.

From: ad <ambrish.dwivedi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2005 12:10:16 -0700

hi there,
I need to write to a stored procedure in oracle 9i to insert values in a table in which:
1) Values in one column are to be retrived from a column in another table.
2)Getting three parameters as inputs in the procedure,and inserting those values in the same row which has the value that has been taken from the different table.

am very new to sp and am really confused when do we use wat..like cursors,index,functions etc.
so plzz provide some sample code to handle this insertion. Received on Tue Oct 18 2005 - 14:10:16 CDT