Forms 6i Question

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:11:07 GMT

Hopefully I have phrased this clearly this time ...

I want to check a scrolling area for entered duplicate values before they get posted to the database.

I can check values against the database but I'm at a loss how to go about checking for newly entered values which may duplicate each other and don't already exist in my database.

Can I use a PL//SQL table/record structure and if so, where would I define the table (the new form trigger?) and could I loop through such a table to check for a value already existing?

Thanks very much. Received on Tue Oct 18 2005 - 13:11:07 CDT