QUESTION: 'orphaned' object names under 10g???

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2005 10:04:47 -0700

Hey, all.

This is my first crack at working with 10g, so there's likely an obvious answer for this... I just don't know what it is.

Background:
This is a Windows 2K3 server, running 10G. I am in the process of working through a conversion routine to get our 8.1.7.4 production db into 10g.

I have done schema-level exports of the entire prod db on our AIX server. I have SFTPd the .dmp files over to the new W2K3 box.

I have created all tables, schemas, views, and roles with our 8i build scripts which are gen'd from the prod db on a daily basis. The only part of that process which failed were the object-level grants, since at that point there were not objects to grant rights to.

I have imported the .dmp files from two schemas thus far, and no errors were reported. I used the fromuser and touser options in the imp command string. Everything seemed to work as expected.

Now: We also have a script which we call 'drop_schema'. It gen's a script to drop all objects from the given schema, to effectively 'clean it out' entirely. It looks for:

Tables in user_tables;
Views in user_views;
Sequences in user_sequences;
Functions, procedures, packages, synonyms, types in user_objects

It then gen's drop statements for all these objects.

This process always worked fine under 8i on AIX.

Now: the last line in this script is to check for count (*) in user_objects, just to confirm that the schema is truly empty. Historically, the count has always been 0 after this schema purge. But now, I see a whole whack of new stuff in the user_objects view. For example:

TABLE               BIN$aWEeyPiuS3eoUYsRP40EUA==$0
INDEX               BIN$9bdWmy41RPGpQM7x6uNfFA==$0
INDEX               BIN$Uw+a8SUFR0+9fCYtIl0HHg==$0
TABLE               BIN$BGCXh1CzTNClain5IY8PEA==$0
INDEX               BIN$JsUbqcvPSQKYFlICiErPFg==$0
INDEX               BIN$x7h5rhq0QWekvT+oUhsDWA==$0

There's a total of 149 of these things now, and I have no clue what these are about! They do not correspond to tables and views that are actually there - user_tables and user_views are all empty.

So does anyone know what the story is with these objects in the user_objects view?? Is the process of 'clearing out' a schema entirely more involved now?

Thanks for all feedback!

BD Received on Tue Oct 18 2005 - 12:04:47 CDT