Re: Complicated SQL question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:15:30 -0700

Harry wrote:

> neurotoxin2309_at_yahoo.com wrote...
>

>>I'm sorry... I understand that as a teacher you want to help me learn
>>by myself, but I've just spent a while trying to figure this out, and
>>I'm absolutely no closer than when I started. I did quite a bit of
>>research before I posted, and it was only becuase I couldn't get
>>anywhere that I actually did post. I understand if you don't want to
>>help me, but posting links isn't getting me anywhere... I don't know
>>where to start, so more links just adds to my confusion.
>>I'd really like to learn this, but I'm going to need a little hand
>>holding at the beginning if you don't mind.
>>I have started to wonder if my query is even doable though... selecting
>>an address, plus the count of the occurances of that address under a
>>set of conditions... that may not even be doable.
>

> If I were your teacher, I will fail your communication skill.
> You have used 10 lines to say BS, and the rest 2 lines not even
> able to express clearly what the question is.

so Neuro ... stay off the toxin ... and try asking your question in a way where we can provide appropriate help.

Appropriate help, however, is not necessarily giving you the answer so if that is your expectation you might want to start praticing phrases like "Do you want fries with that." ;-)

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org