Re: Problem in reflection software setup...Need help..

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 18 Oct 2005 07:57:17 -0700

#Joel Garry wrote:
#> >Even simpler is using Linux. To be honest, any Oracle DBA that has
#> >support multiple Unix Oracle server and is not using a Unix-based
#> >desktop client (like Linux)... raises a lot of questions in my mind
as
#> >to how effectively that DBA can administer those servers.
#>
#> Since the reflections can either look exactly like .dtprofile _or_
be
#> locally managed and not be as impactful on the unix host, and I do
most
#> everything on the hosts in X-windows anyways, and OEM runs the same
#> (now that I'm a big enough W2K box), I don't get this at all. And I
#> consider myself quite the unix bigot.

Billy apparently doesn't use Reflection and he noted that at the beginning of his post. Not sure why he answered ( or maybe deflected )the post originally since his answer did not have any info about the question posted by the OP. Received on Tue Oct 18 2005 - 09:57:17 CDT