Re: Cannot create Trigger, won't show me errors

From: Marian Aldenhövel <marian_at_mba-software.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:20:15 +0200

Hi,

> You're aware of sequence.currval?

Yes.

But I need to support several databases. And looking at them in parallel it is easier to generate-key-then-insert than to insert-then-get-generated-key.

Plus: If i stick to one of the two ways to do it the client-code looks the same for all DBs supported. Only the method for key-generation is different. I like it.

Ciao, MM

--
Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de