Re: 10g and 8i on same AIX machine?

From: One's Too Many <onez2many_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2005 15:58:15 -0700

Thanks all....

I was mostly worried about 10g's post-wait kernel module for AIX not being compatible for 8i when both database engines run in 64-bit mode on the same box. I've got plenty of ram and processor power to spare on this machine, but have ben told that you must run the latest version (10g) Oracle post-wait kernel driver module and sometimes these don't work with prior version of the database under AIX. Received on Mon Oct 17 2005 - 17:58:15 CDT