Re: Validation Question

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:19:05 GMT

"RaDe" <radevkota_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129566341.514166.227310_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> If I understood you question correctly, where ever you want to validate
> your item from DB, create a record group and LOV for that field and
> Validate Item to Yes, when user enters the Value to the field and save
> it, if doesnot match with DB values it will prompt user to select value
> among that LOV values and also user can select correct value from LOV.
>
> Dereck L. Dietz wrote:
> > "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message

> > > See if anything in the form is a violation of the constraint: Query
the
> > > table(s).
> > >
> > > Which seems like a waste to me but it is what you asked.
> > > --
> > > Daniel A. Morgan
> > > http://www.psoug.org
> > > damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> > > (replace x with u to respond)
> >
> > No it's not what I'm trying to ask. I can already query the table for
items
> > ALREADY in the database.
> >
> > I want to check the values in my form's scrolling area against other
values
> > IN the scrolling area, not the database.

No I'm doing a terrible job of explaining what I want to do.

I have a scrolling area in my screen. These values are entered and DO NOT EXIST anywhere except where just entered:

VALUE1
VALUE2
VALUE3
VALUE1 What I want to be able to do is to check the scrolling area for duplicate values (such as the two VALUE1) since VALUE1 doesn't already exist. Received on Mon Oct 17 2005 - 12:19:05 CDT