Re: 10g recycling bin foreign key behavior

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:22:08 -0700

Jack wrote:
> I am puzzled about some 10g recyclebin behavior.
>
> I create two simple tables with a foreign key relationship. The foreign
> key includes the CASCADE CONSTRAINTS clause.
>
> Why, when I drop the table referenced by the foreign key does the
> foreign key constraint remain and have a status of ENABLED?
>
> Also, why does this table not appear in the recycle bin?

Ran your demo in 10.2.0.1: My current teaching version:

SQL> purge recyclebin;

Recyclebin purged.

SQL> DROP TABLE dept CASCADE CONSTRAINTS;

Table dropped.

SQL> select object_name, original_name from recyclebin;

OBJECT_NAME                    ORIGINAL_NAME
BIN$wEOn47irQXuHHRmP7waTPg==$0 DEPT_PK
BIN$2sywFlCLS8293SPD204RaQ==$0 DEPT

SQL> Are you seeing something different?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington