Database startup verification for Windows Services?

From: Joop <jkaashoek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2005 15:17:00 -0700

Is there a possibility to have a Windows service startup depend on the successful startup of and Oracle database? Using the dependency mechanism of Windows services appears like the way to go, but making a service depend on the listener service and the database instance service does not do the trick, since apparently the listener service signals that is 'started' long before it is actually up and running.

We can of course create our own service that does a busy poll on the database, but are hoping that this wheel is already invented... Received on Thu Oct 13 2005 - 17:17:00 CDT