Why so many "alter session set nls_language=..." sql_texts?

From: <donald.mccue_at_tinker.af.mil>
Date: 13 Oct 2005 12:19:53 -0700

Hi! Why are there so many cursors with sql_text entries that look like this on my Oracle 8i system?:

alter session set nls_language= 'AMERICAN' nls_territory= 'A ... on and on ...

whenever I type the command -
SQL> SELECT SQL_TEXT FROM V$OPEN_CURSOR; there are several dozen of the alter session sql_texts. There are less than 60 sessions going on at any one time.

What can I do to shrink this number of alter session queries? Is it something in the way the sessions are being started?

Thanks,

Skeeter Received on Thu Oct 13 2005 - 14:19:53 CDT