Re: Tale of woe - failed patch install and attempted recovery

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2005 10:46:00 -0700

"I had asked the SA to tar up $ORACLE_HOME. Only problem is, he
misunderstood (my fault for not being more clear) and had tar'd /local/home/oracle, not the /u01/...../9.2.0 where we had $ORACLE_HOME.
"

yeah, root usually doesn't have that set as an environment variable. that's a classic frame of reference type of thing.

Where is the OraInventory or inst_loc?
I would guess that its in /var/opt/oracle - but I can't tell from your posting.
It might be under /u01/oracle ... guessing from where you said was
"whacked".

Can you check the OUI logs from when it was uninstalling?

-bdbafh Received on Thu Oct 13 2005 - 12:46:00 CDT