Re: All OracleServiceSIDs not starting

From: <steve.morrell_at_white-carbon.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2005 09:09:13 -0700

I created a new DB, which started fine. Then when I shut down the service, and tried to restart it, it had the same problem.

Anyway, I did what you suggested, and I tried everything through svrmgl for one of the databases and it seemed to start and mount fine (where would this be logged?). The report said that the database was started properly, but the service was still in "starting" mode. Then I tried to connect from a client PC and it worked fine, with the service still "starting"?!? The other services are still not connecting tho'.

The problem seems to be the exact same as one relating to a MS patch from last year, as discussed here

http://www.highdots.com/forums/oracle-server/8-1-6-database-fails-1470187.html

The oradim.log file is being updated again, and it is full of lines saying

DIM-00011: The service does not exists
O/S-Error: (OS 997) Overlapped I/O operation is in progress
DIM-00011: The service does not exists
O/S-Error: (OS 997) Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

with the occasional entry of one of the other messages mentioned in the above hyperlink. I guess it's possible that the server only just got that update, but it has autoupdate set up, and gets rebooted periodically, so why it would happen now is beyond me... Received on Thu Oct 13 2005 - 11:09:13 CDT