Re: SQLLDR deprecated?

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:33:51 +0100

In message <1129139724.269368.208300_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com> writes
>Paul, the movement of data into and out of the database in a delimited
>flat file format is very common and pretty much every major rdbms has a
>utility to do just that. 10g adds a new external table load option:
>data pump but still supports the sql load option. I do not see the
>option going away and since the basis for the option is sqlload I do
>not see it going away any time soon.

I remember reading somewhere before 10g was released that exp/imp where to be deprecated and the export file format was to become an option to sqlldr. I can't remember the source but it seemed credible at the time.

Obviously nothing came of this. Was this just an unfounded rumour or was it something being worked on which never made it.

--
Jim Smith
Because of their persistent net abuse, I ignore mail from