Displaying contents of a table in a pertty fashion

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2005 18:26:58 -0700

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.x and Oracle 10.1.0.3 on HP UNIX 11.x. There used to be a freeware script on internet which lets you show rows of a table in a vertical fashion:

row 1

col1: val1
col2: val2
col3: valu3
col4: val4

..

row 2

Script will support many of the common cloumn types such as integer, varchar2, date but not all.

When I use sqlplus, it prints rows in a "horizontal fashion; val1 val2 val3 val4
val1 val2 val3 val4

and I do not want to use sqlplus format command for each table.

 Anyone knows a link to such script.

Thanks,

Prem Received on Wed Oct 12 2005 - 20:26:58 CDT