Oracle-Java Integration

From: <alexis_at_globalmargin.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2005 17:02:35 -0700

Im'm trying to create a new function using a Java class on my Oracle 8i server. I kept receiving error maessages, so I started to trim the class until now it's only a function returning the number 1.

Here is exactly what I'm trying to do:

create or replace and compile java source named funcname as

public class MyClass {

	public static int returnValue() {
		return 1;
	}

}
/

It can't get any simpler, can it?
This is the message I recieve:

Warning: Java created with compilation errors.

So then I type:

select * from user_errors;

NAME TYPE SEQUENCE LINE POSITION -------------- ------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- TEXT

MyClass JAVA CLASS 1 0 0 ORA-29535: source requires recompilation

And finally:

show errors;

No Errors

What could be wrong here? Is it an error, a warning... how do I recompile the class? I don't think the problem is in the class, so where is it?

Thanks!

Alexis. Received on Wed Oct 12 2005 - 19:02:35 CDT