Re: What is Happening in this Session

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2005 13:21:17 -0700

Ganesh Raja wrote:
> I have Got a Parallel Query Running for ages on my Oracle 9.2.0.6 /
> Solaris 8 (The Box has 20 Cpus and the Tables are Defined as Parallel
> with a Degree of 8).
>
> The Query has been running for the past 17 Hrs and the wait events show
> a Latch Free Event with a status of Waited Known Time.
>
> Now when i truss the server Process i keep seeing a Semctl call every 5
> Minutes and then a Kaio call after 10 Of those calls which fails with
> Err#22.
>
> This seems to be happening indef and i am lost as to what the reason
> for this is.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you seen
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=242374.1 and
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=308894.1&blackframe=1

There have been some parallel fixes in various patch sets, maybe you are seeing something that is missed or a problem newly made - or another problem that just happens to be in your query. So, how does it run without parallel?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Another one rides the bus, another one rides the bus, hey hey, and