Re: SQLLDR deprecated?

From: Thomas Kyte <thomas.kyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2005 10:46:10 -0700

In article <digqk11ljop8b4aan8ggj9655mgqupspit_at_4ax.com>, Paul says...

>In his book "Effective Oracle by Design" by Tom Kyte, he seems to
>deprecate SQLLDR in favour of EXTERNAL TABLES.
>

>Is this more or less the case?

I absolutely *prefer* external tables to sqlldr, yes. I can do more with SQL than you can do with sqlldr as far as filter/massage the data.

It is not in my power to deprecate any Oracle functionality however :) That is up to the guys that write the stuff.

SQLLDR should be chosen over external tables in the following three situations:

--
Thomas Kyte
Oracle Public Sector