user locked(timed)

From: Rajesh Kapur <rkapur_at_mpr.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:15:23 -0500

Oracle 10g v2 on Linux...
I have a user account that shows locked(timed) on windows manager. I am connected with sys as sysdba. When I try to unlock the account, the EM issues the command ALTER USER "DB1" ACCOUNT UNLOCK. However, the account does not unlock. I used a create like command to create a user DB2 like DB1. DB2 showed unlocked, as expected. then I dropped user DB1 and recreated it like DB2. The user DB1 continues to show LOCKED(TIMED) even after drop/recreate.

How can I unlock a locked(timed) user account? Thanks!!! Received on Wed Oct 12 2005 - 07:15:23 CDT