How to avoid gathering column statistics by using dbms_stats.gather_table_stats

From: <dimitris_at_cs.umb.edu>
Date: 11 Oct 2005 16:02:16 -0700

Hi,

It appears that when I tried to use dbms_stats.gather_table_stats without specifying the method_opt parameter, or by setting it to null, the procedure tries to compute some statistics for all the columns in the table. I know this because I did a SQL_TRACE and saw a query running on behalf of this procedure. Is there any way to produce table statistics without column statistics for any column.

Thanks a lot,

Dimitris Received on Tue Oct 11 2005 - 18:02:16 CDT