Re: Oracle Innobase Purchase Impacts MySQL.

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:16:01 -0700

"Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies_at_upscene-removethis.nospam.com> wrote in message news:11klcjqk0gbfd05_at_corp.supernews.com...
> > > Interesting. I wonder if Innobase stepped on any Oracle patents and
> this is
> > > a way to take care of that. Notice the sum is undisclosed.
> > > Jim
> >
> > Wouldn't be surprised. I'm waiting for Microsoft to release SQL Server
> > 2005 and its blatant attempt to imitate Oracle's multiversion read
> > consistency. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the law suits are already
> > drawn up: They should be!
>
> Multiversion read consistency is hardly new nor unique to Oracle.
>

> --
> With regards,
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL
> Server
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
> Database development questions? Check the forum!
> http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Lets see I think they have had it since version 3, which was probably in the 1970's. So they have had it for quite awhile. (Yes interbase claims they had it before Oracle and then claims Oracle had it starting with version 7. Which is just incorrect, they had it long before version 7.) Jim Received on Mon Oct 10 2005 - 22:16:01 CDT