Re: Database Buffer Cache Hit Ratio

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:28:51 GMT

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:41:28 -0700, hpuxrac interested us by writing:

> Hans I thought your original post in this thread was on target, polite,
> and to the point.

Thanks.

Note that Joel and I have been 'correcting' each other on minor tidbits for a while now. It's actually very friendly, and I have the highest respect for Joel's skills. What you read was simply banter.

When he (like a few others) corrects me, I find it worth listening. In this case, he was absolutely right as my original reply could have been interpreted as "don't tune unless the user complains". I wanted to correct that misunderstanding of my statement, as well as continue that line of thought for the OP.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com