Re: What is a database developer in .net environment?

From: Niall Litchfield <Niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:57:24 +0100

Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is a database developer, especially ORACLE databse developer in
> .net environment? My impression of a database developer is one that can
> write stored procedure. Or is a database developer just a programmer
> (ASP, C##, etc.) who can also code stored procedures? Thanks for
> enlightening!
>

> Mike

I'd suggest a database developer is a developer that develops database driven applications. A good one will know which tool to use when to accomplish their goals. By definition that would include understanding SQL and PL/SQL as well as the client/mid-tier application development languages.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA