Re: how to assert Oracle installation correctness ?

From: Giovanni Azua <bravegag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:02:14 +0200

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote
> This report can be produced on demand:
>
> SELECT comp_id, status, version
> FROM dba_registry;

I know ... but the fact that all components are listed as valid is not sufficient to assert the correctness of the installation .. that is my problem:

e.g.

begin if initjvmaux.startstep('CREATE_JAVA_SYSTEM') then *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-22288: file or LOB operation FILEOPEN failed
ORA-06512: at "SYS.INITJVMAUX", line 15
ORA-06512: at line 5

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20000: JServer has not been correctly loaded into the database. ORA-06512: at line 3

That was reported even when all components appear VALID, and they were still VALID while I was getting many many really bizzarre issues.

Regards,
Giovanni Received on Fri Oct 07 2005 - 11:02:14 CDT