Re: Password change

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:51:48 GMT

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:36:02 -0700, Jim Kennedy interested us by writing:

> Don't know what a PS instance is. But in Oracle one would do
> alter user xx indentified by yyyy;
>
> If this is a vendor application then there should be a way from the vendor.
> In that case I wouldn't change the vvalue of the table unless the vendor
> docs say to do so. What does it say?
> Jim

My initial reaction when I read this was 'Oh boy .... now we get PeopleSoft questions as well'. No verification on that from OP, as the question does not give enough details to determine anything about anything unless you happen to be familiar with the 'PSxxx' tables and whatever the application happens to be.

I'd guess this is a sign of things to come ... and suspect that us regulars will want to brush up on answering 'where to find [name your fav app that's been acquired] docco?' questions.

I'd also surmise we will probably also want to work on our soft skills as we will be seeing many more non-techs asking questions that are related to Oracle but not relevant to the charters.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com