ORA-00283 and ORA-00355 Error When Copying a Database

From: <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2005 06:49:14 -0700

Hi,

On Win2000/9i. we wanted to create a new database, E47, by copying an online backup of a database named, say, ABC. We copied the datafiles, successfully executed the 'CREATE DATABASE E47' command, created initE47.ora, changed the listener file, etc..

After the 'CREATE DATABASE ' command, we executed the command 'RECOVER DATABASE..UNTIL (Time Period) USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE'. Oracle processed the first archive log (We renamed it so that its name starts with 'E47') successfully.

However, when processing the second log Oracle responded as follows: (After about 30 minutes)

ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
ORA-00355: change numbers out of order
ORA-00353: log corruption near block 2 change 17099127 time 09/30/2005
16:44:59
ORA-00334: archived log: 'E:\ORACLE\E47\ORAARCH\E47ARCHARC01513.001'

Is this a real case of corruption, or can it be due to some type of an error in the procedure? What seems strange is that I used the same procedure (As far as my notes and memory indicate) to copy a database beforehand, though perhaps my procedure was similar, but not identical.

Thanks,
SAP BASIS Consultant Received on Fri Oct 07 2005 - 08:49:14 CDT