newbie problem with oracle9i installation

From: CW <CW_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:16:53 +1000

I am trying to insall Oracle9i PE on a windows XP Pro machine. Everything runs fine until it reaches Oracle Database Configuration Assistant stage. I can see that c:\oracle\ora92\sqlplus.exe is running in a dos window, and installation is stuck there. By closing this window, and hit stop on theUniversal Installer, I can bypass it. Agent Configuration Assistant and Starting Oracle HTTP service would then run successfully.

Any idea what's happening there? Now I can log in using Scott/Tiger account via SQL Plus despite not successfully running Oracle Database Configuration Assistant stage.

Is there anything I am missing there?

Thanks in advance Received on Fri Oct 07 2005 - 03:16:53 CDT