Re: Oracle 9i Client/MSDAORA Problem

From: <henryl_at_bengaldevelopment.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2005 13:06:43 -0700

Niall and Ed,

Thanks.

Niall Litchfield wrote:
> henryl_at_bengaldevelopment.com wrote:
> > Is there any documentation or at least acknowledgement of this problem
> > from either Microsoft or Oracle? Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
> > (... and "search for Oracle in the registry and delete all" is not
> > really acceptable, don't you think? Our client certainly won't buy it!)
>
> Not sure what you mean. The necessary permissions are listed in the 9.2
> install docs. The process for removing oracle completely from windows
> is documented on the metalink site.
>
> Niall

I found the deinstall for Windows doc in MetaLink. The reference is Doc ID: Note: 208256.1

I was not aware that this was documented there and I didn't find it prior.

EdStevens wrote:
> I don't have a solution, but I think it odd that 'format c:' and
> re-installing Windoze is considered prefereable to know registry edits

Editing the registry is preferable to formating C:, but I did not see specific registry entries documented before, so this gets me closer. Previous (non-Oracle) documents that I read said "delete anything that says oracle," which is downright dangerous.

It would be nice if the uninstall just worked without having to dink with the registry afterwords.

Thanks again,

Henry. Received on Thu Oct 06 2005 - 15:06:43 CDT